A travel to Japan for the pure purpose of studying.. Or..

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

O-Matsuri

About two weeks ago I was at a Matsuri (festival). In downtown Nagoya, Sakae, The festival is one of the most popular ones in Nagoya and also one of the festivals Nagoya is known for. 

The festival is known as Do-matsuri. It is a celebration with traditional dancing. From every corner in Japan schools come to compete about having the best dance. In the streets there are parades and on a scene in the Sakae area the competition is held. The plus about this years festival was that it was a 10th year anniversary, the downside was that I when I was down to watch it, it was raining as hell. The rain was quite irritating although it didn’t destroy my experience. I had an altogether good time with my classmates at the festival. I even managed to buy an expensive crepe, 500 yen.

The dancers were really skilled and the parades where a lot of fun. This was my second festival since I’ve been here. And I am most certainly going to visit more soon.

No comments: