A travel to Japan for the pure purpose of studying.. Or..

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Iphone

Finally I have bought an Iphone. I do not regret it at all… Yet.. Just kidding. I paid in advance and bought it for 70 000 Yen which is something like 3500kr(). And for the next 2 years I will be reimbursed with 1900 yen which means I will be finally pay 22000 Yen for the phone, whichis app. 1100 kr. Included I also have to pay a subscription but I won’t mention the cost of that..


The phone is with me everywhere and I manage to get much use out of it. As it also functions as an electronic dictionary. I reckon not many people know what an electronic dictionary is as I think it is only popular in Japan. The dictionaries are quite similar to a paper one. But it is made of plastic and instead of turning pages to find a word you write the letters and it searches automatically. Pretty neat huh.


The Iphone can also have NES emulators and stuff as well and of course you can buy a whole lot of programs from the apple store. I really like it. 


I know I basically didn’t need a new phone as I already had brought with me one. But I soon found out that the phone I had brought would never live for more than 11 hours in standby and that it is hard to use mail with it. A feature very important in Japan as SMS is almost nonexistent here.


I will now perhaps be more available with mail as I now have it ready by my side all the time.


No comments: